Saturday, November 28, 2009

11/28/09 STILL TIME!

THIS OLD HOUSE
BLOOM FARM, ESTABLISHED 1898
TUNDRA SWANS ON CHEQUAMEGON BAY
Saturday, 2:00 PM. 40 degrees, wind W, calm. The channel is calm, the sky partly cloudy and the barometer predicts more of the same. It has been a beautiful day, and I have been home for lunch and will be going back out to the sugar bush shortly. This morning at first light I flushed a deer by the old house and its apple trees, right where Mike shot his buck. I did not see it but it crashed away from me through the brush. I will go back and sit there until dark. Eric came over before noon as I drove into the driveway. He got an eight point buck the other day, out in the barrens. I am beginning to feel like the odd man out. But, I still have this evening and tomorrow to hunt.
There are at least a hundred tundra swans on the Bay in Ashland.