Sunday, July 13, 2008

7/12/08 GOOD TRIP, NO LUGGAGE,NO CAMERA

Sunday, 8:00 AM. 56 degrees, wind NNW, strong. Skies are overcast, and the barometer predicts rain. There is one and one-half inch of rain in the rain gage since Tuesday.
The America in Bloom trip to Toledo was great except for delayed or canceled flights in both directions and consequently I arrived home with my bag still in Detroit, with camera in it. I had decided to check my carry-on bag on the way home. I’ll not make that mistake again. If the camera survives I will post some photos.
Toledo is an old industrial city making a very strong comeback despite a series of economic blows, including current ones. It is a very livable city with a strong community spirit and great and mostly free amenities. It has excellent city services and programs. And, it has the Toledo Mud Hens baseball team, almost big league play at yesterday’s prices (went to a game). Visit Toledo… it’s a great American hometown!
If one actually experiences many American cities in some depth, one comes to realize first hand the strength and beauty of our nation and its culture, and how united in spirit and action we all truly are…I don’t pay much attention anymore to the national media, I consider them mostly cynics and naysayers.
Things are fine here at home but I have lawns to mow and gardens to weed.