Monday, March 31, 2008

3/29/08

Saturday, 7:30 AM. 18 degrees, wind NE, calm. Barometer predicts partly cloudy skies, which are mostly blue presently. We are supposed to get bad weather today and tomorrow but at present there are no such indications.
There was a late run of about 20 gallons of sap yesterday and enough old guys and young guys to haul it in. Andy will cook today, and I will go out again in late afternoon.
Roxy the black lab was not around all week but appeared with a tennis ball in her teeth this morning. She was evidently on spring break with her family, although I didn’t notice any sun tan so I don’t know where she has been but we can assume she took a ball along. I played kick ball with her for a mile and she about wore me out, but I am now ready to try out for the soccer team (right!). Lucky has no interest in such puppy foolishness.

No comments: